Amy Schumer: Variety’s 2014 Breakthrough in Comedy Winner

Variety’s 2014 Breakthrough in Comedy Winner: Amy Schumer

Schumer broke big in 2013, debuting the first season of her Comedy Central sketch-comedy series “Inside Amy Schumer,” and releasing standup special “Mostly Sex Stuff” on homevideo. And 2014 looks to be even bigger: After embarking on a national tour in January and returning for a second season of her series in April, she will begin shooting the script she wrote for her first movie, “Train Wreck,” in which she stars, and which Judd Apatow will executive produce and direct.

“She’s just someone you want to watch,” says Apatow, who also orchestrated a memorable cameo for Schumer in this month’s season premiere of the HBO series he exec produces, “Girls.”. “For me, if I’m watching someone and I wish I could follow that person off the screen and see what that character’s life is like, then I know that’s somebody I want to pay attention to.”

After Apatow caught her appearance on Howard Stern, the two met amid post-production on “This Is 40.” Her authenticity and uncensored point of view resonated with the helmer.

Schumer describes “Wreck” as “an elevated version of who I am, or who I’ve been. A lot of sexual indiscretions, and not being who some people would hope a woman would be, especially at my age.”


Taking a talent best known for standup and sketch work and handing her a movie may sound like a tricky proposition, but one of her show’s staff writers, Gabe Liedman, warns people not to underestimate Schumer’s acting chops.

More HERE

* Watched Amy's CC show. Pretty entertaining. A balance of self-deprecating humor and the absurd - all raunchy. I don't think nudity is an issue for Amy. She's packing a bubble butt. Pretty sure of that. It will be fine with me if Apatow gets her to show off those heavenly booty.


You have read this article with the title Amy Schumer: Variety’s 2014 Breakthrough in Comedy Winner. You can bookmark this page URL http://duk78.blogspot.com/2014/01/amy-schumer-varietys-2014-breakthrough.html. Thanks!