Sienna Miller 'sabotaged' her Hollywood chance

Sienna 'sabotaged' Hollywood chance

Sienna Miller felt she had 'sabotaged' her chances in Hollywood with her behaviour off set
Sienna Miller has admitted that she "sabotaged" her Hollywood prospects because of the way she behaved away from the film set.

The actress, 32, who recently took a year off to raise her baby daughter, told Esquire magazine that she was "very lucky" to get a "second chance".

The Factory Girl star said of her reputation: "It had become difficult for me to get the work I wanted, if I'm really honest.

"It was a weird situation to be in because there was a lot of goodwill for me in Hollywood. I think I'd been lucky in that I'd always been naughty in that town and people had always liked me for it.

"And it was refreshing and it was who I was."

But she added: "I sabotaged things. I burnt a lot of bridges. I had no business sense whatsoever.

"I never read a review or paid any mind to what anyone said. It was all about the experience. And that translated to how I behaved outside work.

"On set, I was first to arrive, last to leave, best friends with the crew, totally professional, no d***ing around.

"But when I wasn't at work, I wasn't behaving the way you should. I'm very lucky to have a second chance in that town."

"It was really bad," she told the March issue of Esquire. "What was going on in my private life was not an easy thing to read about. People don't want to see films with people they don't approve of in them."

Sienna, whose relationships were often in the headlines, told Esquire that she deliberately stepped away from the limelight.

"I felt like I had no control over any aspect of my life, professionally or personally," she said.

"So I deliberately disappeared. I was sick of myself, to be honest, or sick of that perception of me. It all felt so f***ing dirty."

Sienna is working again after having her baby daughter, Marlowe, with the actor Tom Sturridge.

She said of her overnight fame: "I was really naive, I think. I was a young 21. Not green as grass - I was by no means an innocent - but I had faith in the goodness of everyone. I was very open. And that led me into all sorts of situations that backfired."

The actress said that she was "great friends" with Jude Law and said of her fiance Sturridge: " He's the perfect balance to my lunacy, which makes him sound really boring but he's not, at all."

Sienna gave the interview before Law gave evidence in the phone hacking trial.

He was asked about a News of the World story about the actress, his then-girlfriend, having an affair with actor Daniel Craig
 
 
You have read this article with the title Sienna Miller 'sabotaged' her Hollywood chance. You can bookmark this page URL http://duk78.blogspot.com/2014/01/sienna-miller-her-hollywood-chance.html. Thanks!